On Mon, October 23, 2006 6:26 pm, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:
> Peter Brodersen wrote:
>> On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 10:38:31 -0700, in php.internals
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Rasmus Lerdorf) wrote:
>>
>>> I had left out SERVER filtering in the initial version for much the
>>> same
>>> reasoning, but it turns out that a good chunk of holes were due to
>>> the
>>> fact that people used $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] unfiltered.  Trying
>>> teach people which SERVER vars are safe and which aren't isn't a
>>> fun
>>> task and the whole point of the filter extension is to take away
>>> the
>>> guessing game.
>>
>> More well-known, the same goes for the HTTP headers populated in
>> _SERVER as well, even though some might be less obvious than other.
>>
>> HTTP_HOST could be tainted as well in some cases where a DNS entry
>> and
>> ServerAlias of *.example.com exists.
>
> Actually, by using the Flash hack, you don't need wildcard DNS to
> exploit that one.  As anybody who has seen my ranting lately can
> attest
> to, name-based virtual hosting is completely broken until we get
> everyone onto Flash9.

Haven't read the rant (yet) but, errrr, have they released Flash
anything in this millenium for Linux?...

Cuz it seems like I never can manage to get to download anything
higher than Flash Player 6 for my Linux box desktop at home. Which is
ancient hardware/OS, so maybe that's the issue...

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?