Ah, token_get_all() might be what I'm after.

Thanks,

--Tony

Jochem Maas wrote:
Tony Bibbs wrote:
First post here so be gentle ;-)

I've got a unique need to get the class definitions from a file.  Now I
can write the string manipulation necessary to do this myself with the
help of some regex-fu but I was wondering if it wouldn't be possible to
add a method like:

array getClassDefs(string $someFileName)

Like I said, I can do it with some regex work but given the PHP engine
has to do this it'd seem like a nice addition to the core oo-functions.
 This may be a case where I've got too specific a need to warrant
community interest but I'd think there might be other cases where such a
method would prove handy.

Thoughts (other than the obligatory 'p1ss-off'?

not really an internals thing - generals list is better.

http://nl2.php.net/manual-lookup.php?pattern=token&lang=en

should get you what you need. :-)

--Tony