Hi Andrei, et al.,

I was just looking at README.UNICODE, regarding interpretation of numbers: "we restrict numbers to consist only of ASCII digits," and "Numeric strings are supposed to adhere to the same rules." Is it correct to take that to
mean only UChar's with values from '0'-'9'/0x30-0x39 (and 'a'-'z'
equivalents for bases > 10)?

Correct.

I ask because in zend_u_strtol(), HANDLE_U_NUMERIC() for array keys, etc., the u_digit() function is used, which also allows non-ASCII, higher- value
digit characters, doesn't it?  But then in is_numeric_unicode(), when
checking for hex numbers, the ASCII values '0' and 'x' are used, which is
what I'd expect after reading README.UNICODE.

You're correct here again, u_digit() should not be used there.

-Andrei