Arnold Daniels wrote:
I see this is the time to do language feature request. So let me add another. I very often use something like:
/$a = isset($x['abc']) ? //$x['abc'] : null;
/This is to prevent an E_NOTICE from being thrown.

It seems to me like adding a function:

   mixed array_get(mixed key, array search [, mixed default_value])

The implementation being:

   // constraint checking here
   if (array_key_exists($key,$search) return $search[$key];
   return $default_value;

would be the way to go. A functional way to do array access (I don't see another way to do this, actually), and also allow a default value if the specified key doesn't exit.

Very similiar to the getProperty() method in Java's Properties class.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
IBM PHP Community Architect, IBM Research Triangle Park