Hello Luca,

  we cannot do that. This patchwould prevent loading of any shared
extension. And we decided against using dl() in the test scripts some years
ago. The only thing we can do here is having a new make thing that does pass
-n to the test script. Once again, we test what you will be using, not only
part of it. If a deployment system hass a problemwith that we need tofind
otehr solutions. In fact we already have anenvironment variable today that
serves the purpose. Simply set TEST_PHP_ARGS=-n and be done (if you know
what it really does) :-)

best regards
marcus

Saturday, December 2, 2006, 10:15:11 PM, you wrote:

> Ilia Alshanetsky wrote:
>> On 1-Dec-06, at 6:21 PM, Marcus Boerger wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Brian,
>>>
>>>   why should it do that? run-tests.php doesn't do anything with
>>> extensions.
>>>   Meaning it only tests when you load your .so's by ini.
>>
>> You can't really tell PHP to "unload" modules via an INI settings, so I
>> think adding -n in there is a pretty good idea.

> It is, in fact we already do it in Gentoos PHP, to avoid already
> installed extensions interfering with the main PHP packages "make test"
> (on reinstalls or upgrades for example).
> Here are the patches I've made for this:

> PHP 5.2.0
> http://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/php/browser/patches/php-patches/5.2.0/php5/php5-make_test.patch
> PHP 5.1.6
> http://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/php/browser/patches/php-patches/5.1.6/php5/php5-make_test.patch
> PHP 4.4.4
> http://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/php/browser/patches/php-patches/4.4.4/php4/php4-make_test.patch

> You're probably not interested in the changes to the Makefiles and the
> CGI/PHP4 testing changes I've done to meet Gentoos requirements, so just
> skip those.

Best regards,
 Marcus