On Sat, December 16, 2006 10:54 am, Derick Rethans wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Dec 2006, Andi Gutmans wrote:
>
>> Time to turn it off in php.ini-dist in addition to
>> php.ini-recommended?
>
> I would instead change them to php.ini-development and
> php.ini-production. In development you'd want to have this stuff on..

While you're at it...

I'm wondering if there might not be differences in php.ini between a
Production ISP Shared Server install and a Production Dedicated Server
install?

Perhaps instead of just 2 clearly-labeled php.ini files, there should
be 3 or even more?...

Obviously you don't want to go too crazy with this, but what are the
real needs of a first-time user/sysadmin who wants to install PHP and
have a good experience out of the box, without spending days reading
documentation and trying to figure out what all this stuff means?

Just an idea.

I'm +1 for the proposal as it stands, fwiw.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?