Then I see little need for having in PHP. All it means that developers now need to write a untaint wrapper around all incoming input to shut PHP annoyances up. I can guarantee you a tons and tons of code that

No, they need to use recommended ways to work with variables - like filters and other untainters.

looks like this:

foreach ($_GET as $k => $v) {
    $_GET[$k] = untaint($v);
}

Well, you could also write script <?php exec($_GET['command']); ?>, put it as default index page of your site and advertise it on Google. We are not to struggle with people which want to break it. We are to help people which want to use it. It is NOT security restriction system, it's OS task. It is help system.

While there maybe some benefit to doing a scan and checking if a raw user data is passed without being modified IMO it does not need to be part of the engine. It can surely be a separate extension and offer the

All these things are interesting and may be done, but this is not related to taint mode and its purposes. It is OK to discuss them, but let's change the subject line then :)

--
Stanislav Malyshev, Zend Products Engineer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.zend.com/