Hello Lukas,

> Maybe I am missing something. If you are talking about dynamic query
> generation in stored routines, then I would think that people who read
> the advice over dynamic query generation for PHP, that they would
> hopefully also apply those practices to when they are writing/using
> stored routines. Also DBA's in general are not all that fond of
> dynamic query generation in stored routines.
Well in a team it is quite likely that people writing PHP applications
are not those writing Stored Procedures for the SQL Databases. At least
all big projects I have seen have their own team for complicated SQL
Queries. Additionally your statement assumes that people are reading
documentation ;)

However, the good thing about the PDO documentation is that it has the
warning about dynamically injected userinput in it.
Many security experts (and here I speak in general not only PHP) claim
that the SQL injection problem is 100% fixed by the use of prepared
statements.

Additionally I wonder how well prepared statements meanwhile handle
queries like this (that are VERY VERY common in PHP applications)

SELECT xyz FROM abc WHERE product_id IN ( 1,2,3,4,5)  <- the list having
dynamic lenght

Stefan Esser