Stefan Esser wrote:
Hello Marcus,
  that's plain wrong what you wrote. First PHP license is OSI Approved and
for that defintively does not violate any OSI recommendation. Besides that
We will see how OSI explains how a discriminating license can be OSI
approved.

well, given that the Apache license has the very same restriction in
it (there are minor wording differences and it obviously protects
the term "Apache" instead of "PHP") and that the Apache license was
among the first to become OSI approved the explanation should be
clear: "discrimination" is defined as discrimination in the use of
the code, not the name.

So "you may not use this code for military purposes" or "this code
may not be modified by left handed people" would be discriminating
by the OSI definition while "you may not re-publish it using the
same name" or "you may not re-publish it without copyright notices
left intact" are not ...

If we were talking about GPL compatibility or the FSFs definition
of Free Software instead of OSIs definition of Open Source Software
things might be a bit different, but we aren't ...

So please stop making a fool of yourself, you're riding a dead
horse here and no matter how hard you beat it, it won't go any
faster (or go at all) ...

--
Hartmut Holzgraefe, Senior Support Engineer                            .
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com