On Sat, January 27, 2007 5:16 am, Pierre wrote:
> On 1/27/07, Andrei Zmievski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Good luck trying to retrain millions of programmers to use a CGI
>> object or a function to retrieve GPC values.
>
> You will be surprised, really :)

I doubt it.

We haven't even gotten everybody to get rid of register_globals and
switch to $_GET['foo'] instead of $foo yet.

The register_globals change at least had a clear Security reasoning
behind it, once one understood the problem.
[Though I confess I was in denial for ages since I always initialize
variables.]

If we change this around yet again, it will be disastrous, imho.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?