Christian Schneider wrote:

My personal summary of this thread is: We won't have syntactic sugar for common things like arrays, named parameter emulation and the like ever because it will be killed by the "we already have a way of doing this" and the "you cannot look it up" argument. Shame, that would be the tiny language development I'd personally benefit from.

Named parameters is not just syntax sugar, as they would make it possible to get compiler errors and phpoc support automatically over having to implement some array based solution to trigger errors and some other formatting standard for phpdoc. Then again we had this discussion before as well, and unfortunately it was shot down (IIRC mainly because people to think that named parameters should then be implemented for all existing functions as well, which would be too much work .. then again unicode conversion might (have been) the perfect time to do this).

regards,
Lukas