Oh, no fair! You've out-pedanted a pedant! And actually I think it's
very borderline whether this definition encompasses my experience or
not. Regardless, it *still* takes me an order of magnitude longer to
comfortably comprehend one notation over the other, whether you call it
comprehending, grokking, or just plain reading.

And actually, no, I'd rather not be special -- then I wouldn't be
irritated by so many everyday things, or spend so much time wondering so
many people have so much trouble with so many "easy" things... ;)
Cheers!

Mike

Mike Ford, Electronic Information Services Adviser, Learning Support
Services,
JG125, The Library, James Graham Building, Headingley Campus, Beckett
Park,
LEEDS, LS6 3QS,     United Kingdom
Tel: +44 113 283 2600 extn 4730    Fax: +44 113 283 3211

To view the terms under which this email is distributed, please go to
http://disclaimer.leedsmet.ac.uk/email.htm