Having cross-process persistent connection pool for PDO would be
great. Having a better system on the DB side would be great too (as it
looks to be for Oracle).

The MySQL server test looks promising. I like the Apache 2.2 model of
using epoll to have one thread handle all the keep-alive connections
which in mysql I guess would be sleeping connections. Don't like the
one thread per connection system currently, though it has not
presented any deal-breaking problems. Well, not yet anyway. :)

On 2/6/07, Lukas Kahwe Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Christopher Jones wrote:
> steve wrote:
>  > Oh, and allow persistent connections in db apis again (like mysqli).
>
> It might happen.  Wez Furlong was contemplating a persistent
> connection implementation for the generic PDO interface following
> on from the persistent connection model in the oci8 extension for
> Oracle.

I guess MySQL folks are also looking into Java like connection pooling:
http://krow.livejournal.com/487174.html

regards,
Lukas