Hi,

This is an interesting project!
I am currently implementing an ORM tool based on this white paper from
Mr. Scott W. Ambler (from IBM):
http://www.ambysoft.com/essays/persistenceLayer.html

I think that a compiled C ORM tool doesn't have too much advantage
over a PHP code based. The performance impact can be so slow that can
disapoint you.  But... a bundled ORM tool for PHP would be really
interesting!

If you are really interested, I can share my current implementation
and create a Google Code Project.

AFAIK, the best ORM tool for PHP is Doctrine: http://www.phpdoctrine.net/trac

I am currently on a travel and you'll probably notice a delay in my messages.

Best regards,

On 3/19/07, Stanislav Malyshev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Pure C code has access to PHP5's low level object API, so it can produce
> a really intuitive interface (object persistence), that you can't do
> from PHP code. C code uses a bit less memory and a lot less CPU time

Just curious - which access do you need that PHP API doesn't give?

> And one more point. In C you can implement complex object oriented
> structures (lot of classes with fancy virtual functions) with small

What do you mean by virtual functions? If you mean C++ meaning, all
class methods in PHP are "virtual".

> overhead, while in PHP this structure could mean a lot of overhead. For
> example separate class for every column type, and separate object for
> every persistent value is unimaginable in PHP, but sounds OK in C. This

Why would it be that different in C - you'd still have to define the
same classes and same objects and play by the engine rules?
--
Stanislav Malyshev, Zend Products Engineer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.zend.com/