Andrey Hristov wrote:
 Hi,
Lukas Kahwe Smith wrote:
Robin Ericsson wrote:
On 3/21/07, Bankó Ádám <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
The project is existing, I'm doing it for about a year and a half, and
SoC is way I can spend more time on it in the summer.
If there is someone willing to something, and someone else is paying
for it, let him do it. Why should it bother whether it's C or PHP? The
community will benefit from it either way.
Its a question of maintainability. Stuff like reverse engineering
schema's from a database is simply not sensible to be done by C code. It
requires a low barrier to entry, the ability to quickly fix things if
you encounter a newer or very old obscure RDBMS version etc.

Then make a mix of PHP and C code. C call call PHP userland, so it
shouldn't be a problem. And as I see it, it is always good to have
reference implementation in PHP and port it to C. I think Marcus did it
while implementing SPL.

Yes .. so for the proposal .. step 1) would be defining interfaces and abstract classes to represent things. this could go into C

regards,
Lukas