On 04/12/2007 06:37 PM, Lukas Kahwe Smith wrote:
3. remove old parameter parsing API and replace with one that supports unicode related functionality

I just want to remind that when we made some changes to the parameter parsing API's last time it created some BC issues (like with array_merge() ..)

Yes, that's why we need much more tests.

    5. add unicode to pdo (wez)

Maybe one place where IBM could step up, seeing that they are putting a lot of resources into their PDO drivers.

As long as it doesn't involve signing a legal paper to submit a patch, I'm all
for it.

    4. safe_mode/open_basedir
          1. remove safe mode and throw E_CORE_ERROR when set
2. unbundle safe_mode_exec_dir from safe_mode and keep it (rasmus) (take a look at this patch too)

safe_mode_exec_dir without a safe mode?
Makes little sense to me.

3. new ini option: open_basedir_for_include which would allow using include/require(_once) on an expanded set of directories (sara)

I'm -1 on this.

9. remove zend.ze1_compatibility mode and throw E_CORE_ERROR when set DONE (dmitry)

Yes, gone in HEAD.

    3. regexp
          1. make ereg an extension
          2. PCRE extension will not be allowed to be disabled.
3. core of PHP should be made to work with PCRE so that we can safely disable ereg
          4. unbundle the regex library

We had a short discussion on this one not too long ago.

I can take a look at this (I'm 100% sure nobody is actually interested in new
regex extension as long as we have pcre).
Do you have any links on the discussion or do you recall what was the decision?

    5. move mime_magic from the core to PECL
    6. fileinfo
1. move the Fileinfo extension to the core, and enable it by default. 2. Fileinfo extension should be updated to only load its database once on MINIT.

I already mentioned I'm strongly against moving any extensions from PECL to
core.
It should be the other way round.

    7. ext/soap
          1. ext/soap will be turned on by default
          2. implement some of the security extensions to ext/soap
          3. watch axis2 based implementation development

I am guessing the security stuff could take a bit to implement. Does anyone feel "responsible" for this item?

IIRC Rob was working on some XMLSec stuff, no idea what's its status though..

4. add an ifsetor() construct with the middle value for the ?: ternary operator dropped

Kinda scared to mention this one. Me want very much though :)

Marcus added recently something like this.

    5. fix __toString() DONE (marcus)

Didn't we fix this one in 5.x already?

Yeah, fixed since 5.2.0.

5. split allow_url_fopen into two distinct settings: allow_url_fopen and allow_url_include. If allow_url_fopen is off, then allow_url_include will be off too.
    6. enable allow_url_fopen by default
    7. disable allow_url_include by default

Is this still going to happen?

Already done (in 5.2.0 IIRC).
   11. kill "<%" but keep "<?".

Sounds easy enough to do. Why not do it know, so that we can hear about the impact for users as early as possible.

Yeah, I'll post the patch in a minute..

12. prepare a patch that disallows mixing different open/close tags. (jani)

Jani .. looks like you are back!? :)

Yay! =)

--
Wbr, Antony Dovgal