----- Original Message -----
On Sat, April 28, 2007 1:03 pm, Pelle Ravn Rosfeldt wrote:
Is it possible to make a "while" with a "else"-statement in PHP6?
I know that it's not the first time this subject is up, but my
research
shows that a lot of people miss it. Including me.

Here's an example of what I mean:
---------------------
<?
$i = 1;
while ($i <= 10) {
    echo $i++;
} else {
    echo "The while couldn't be executed!";
}
?>
---------------------

I have wanted to use this kind of syntax a couple of times, for example:
<?php
while ($line = mysql_fetch_array(...)) {
   echo $line;
} else {
   echo 'Sorry no records';
}
?>

Otherwise I would write the above code as a while + a if.

However I'm unsure if this syntax should be put into PHP, but I thought I'll just post a example of when I would use it.

thanks
Andrew