Wow. That's a curt reply. At the risk of being curt too... at least I learned my lessons in manners?

Anyway, I did take a glance at the documentation but couldn't find anything mentioning whether it really was a global. Sorry for my mistaken assumption.

Seems like it should be properly documented next to $php_errormsg here:
http://www.php.net/manual/en/reserved.variables.php

-[Unknown]