include to work on those. Making a hack in PHP to allow "phar://" streams to work is a bad idea, a C-extension can easily work here.

So from now on, every time we would want to user stream we'd have to do C extension and all user stream functionality in PHP is just useless? And all that for some weird reincarnation on safe mode again? I don't know how it sounds for you, but form be it sounds really broken way to do things - throwing perfectly good and working userspace streams because of pseudo-security configurations.
--
Stanislav Malyshev, Zend Products Engineer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.zend.com/