Richard Lynch wrote:
Seems like you could just make it a custom extension and see if people
use it a lot...

Even if you just had every phorum user asking for it, that would drive
a lot of interest, no?

Well, making a custom Phorum extension is a whole other discussion for our team to have. If we went down that road, we would do more than just this function. And with this function in the core or not, we may still do that at some point.

My point for wanting it in PHP is that I have used a tree sorting algorithm OUTSIDE of Phorum a lot in my 10 years of PHP coding. There are many many uses outside of Phorum for such a function IMO.

--

Brian Moon
Senior Developer