Sebastian Bergmann wrote:
Wez Furlong wrote:
I'm going to say it one last time: there are other maintainers.
I'm temporarily too busy, but we have other maintainers.
Please assign bugs to the other maintainers.

 Maybe per-extension aliases (such as [EMAIL PROTECTED]) could
 help here? This way it would be possible to assign a bug not to a single
 person but to a group.

This thread has nothing to do with me, (except with regards to my interest in PHP6) but in my experience when a task is assigned to a group not an individual there is no accountability and no incentive to either get it done or pass it to someone who can. IMHO it's better to leave it unassigned than to assign it to a group.

Surely it should be the responsibility of the maintainers to keep an eye on incoming bugs, and the person monitoring new bugs should simply be making sure they have been reported correctly and against the right category/project. At least then you can get an accurate picture from the bug list.

-Stut