The first release candidate of PHP 5.2.3 is now available for testing and can be downloaded here:

http://downloads.php.net/ilia/php-5.2.3RC1.tar.bz2 (md5sum: 343785b0558f5696c14607d62f084d4c)

The release comes a bit sooner then anticipated as it is needed to address a regression introduced by 5.2.2 in relation to RAW_HTTP_POST_DATA handling. I'd like to keep the release cycle as short as possible so we can get this version out ASAP. I'd like to ask everyone to try this release against their code and/or test suits and report any new problems if there are any. If there are no new issues I will move to the final release within 1 week.

I'd also like to ask all developers to refrain from making major commits or non-bug-fix commits for the next week to the 5.2 branch.

Ilia Alshanetsky
5.2 Release Master