On 02.07.2007 01:56, Scott MacVicar wrote:
The Windows Installer seems to allow someone to enable just about every extension that can be built, roughly about 118. It seems that most people assume that they need every feature of PHP to work, especially thsoe in Windows.

Out of those 118 extensions there are 3 which cause crashes and blank pages.

SAM extension has some interesting code its its RINIT function to require a PHP file, if its not there it exits and you get a blank page with display errors off.

The thread pecl extension and iisfunc don't work when and cause crashes on module shutdown.

Yes, I don't see any reasons to ship extensions that were never released (and
just happen to build successfully).
Those people who want crashes^H^H^H^H^H^H^H to play with them can easily find
the DLLs on pecl4win.php.net.

In fact, I think the installer package should not include extensions which are
not included in the core.
Windows people are no better/worse than the others and are able to download a
PECL package.

I propose that we disable all experimental extensions in the installer to prevent this, some of these extensions don't even have a release listed on http://pecl.php.net

--
Wbr, Antony Dovgal