On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 19:30:06 +0300, Jani Taskinen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Nevermind the wording, just as soon as we just put a notice on php.net that
> the
> "end is near, prepare yourselves" the sooner hosting companies, etc.
> realize the
> end is really near.. :)
>
> I'd be more for dropping all support whatsoever by the end of this year
> and
> focus totally on PHP 5/6. Critical security fixes are another issue
> altogether.
>
> --Jani

By most mailing list standards this is considered "top posting" and a no, no.
But in order to respond to /your/ response, I'm forced to follow it, which
continues
to place the the responses out of context. :(

 OK. I can't help but notice the overall underwhelming reception to PHP5
(mostly by ISP's).
Which begs the question /why/? Shouldn't /that/ be the question? Or maybe I
should ask:
Has anybody bothered to find out why the majority of PHP installers /prefer/
PHP4? I am
quite sure that if those questions were answered, the poll you are attempting
to take
now would be moot. Don't you?

P.S. Sorry for top posting. But my mail client doesn't provide for rearranging
the order
to correct a previous top posting.