Where I can see a huge use for namespaces is plugin-based architectures. Each plugin is its own namespace. If you have a list of plugins, then you have a list of namespaces and can iterate over that and invoke the same operation on each plugin. That would require call_user_func() and call_user_func_array() and the rest of that family to be able to handle namespaces. How would one

Since namespace is just a part of class name, I don't see any problem for call_user_func() to be able to use namespaced names. Of course, they should get full class name - if you want to use shorter ones you'd have to change something. Here we might need some functionality, but it's not clear to me yet which one.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.zend.com/
(408)253-8829   MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]