As promised two weeks ago, the 5.2.4RC1 was released today and the sources for the release can be found here:

http://downloads.php.net/ilia/php-5.2.4RC1.tar.bz2 (md5sum: 43e28d2aa55b6c8bcd67da16e24b225a)

Windows binaries should become available in short order as well.

This release have been long in the making so the changelog is a bit intimidating, so we definitely need a lot of testing for this release. I would like to ask everyone to give this RC a shot and see how it behaves with their code and hopefully not find any regressions. If you do find any, please let us know. Now that RC1 is out, I would like to ask all developers to refrain from making any feature additions to 5.2.4 at this time and only apply bug fixes. I am hoping to have RC2 released within 2 weeks from now and if it proves to be stable move onto the final release a week from then. So, if all goes well we should have 5.2.4 out within a month or less.

One exception to the rule I'd like to make known is Stas' ini system patch, which I feel we should include, but that's still being currently discussed. Aside from those, no feature additions, please.

Ilia Alshanetsky