> On 3-Aug-07, at 9:51 AM, Uwe Schindler wrote:
>
> >> This's a special case and it's really great you noticed it in RC..
> >> We need a workaround for this special case, as if we make all INI
> >> directives set
> >> using php_admin_value non-changeable, we break the @ thing.
> >> So we either need to change the @ not to use zend_alter_ini_entry,
> >> or make
> >> an
> >> exception in that function, which I believe would be a hack.
> >
> > Thats correct. An idea would be to make the @ operator only change
> > EG(error_reporting) without changing the whole ini-entry by
> > alter_ini_entry
> > (which is a big slowdown...).
>
> The problem with that fix that a crash would potentially leave the
> error blocking on, and INI clean up will not reset it.

The problem with the original fix of antony was the same: The first time any
thread started to modify any INI entry it was marked as "admin"-only for the
whole PHP server until a restart and it stayed in that state because the
flag was changed *before* the hash table was replicated. This is a second
bug. So at least the lines of antony must moved a few lines down in code...

Uwe