David Zülke wrote:
> I think there should be just one way to designate a namespace, not two
> different ones with different behaviors.

Hi David,

First, the behaviors are not different, just the syntax.  Of course you
can have more than one namespace per file with brackets, but the stuff
within that namespace reacts identically to the other format.

Second, if the consensus is one syntax, I'd say that's not really a big
deal.  Doing so would simply involve removing one line from
zend_language_parser.y, rewording the error message, and dropping the
brackets parameters from zend_do_namespace's proto.  For now, it's
better to investigate the ramifications of the patch first, as this
decision could be made quite easily closer to the first release.

Greg