On 8/27/07, Pierre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 6) Put none and point the users to pecl.php.net and pecl4win.php.net
>
> An extension is bundled, available through pecl or both. It is not a
> joke to fetch extension from pecl42win. We are also working on some
> improvements on the win32 extension build process (see the ML
> archive).
>
> All in all, I see no reason to bundled a bunch of extensions that we
> don't support anyway (the php qa/core team). That does not mean they
> are bot useable or safe, only that we don't support them through php
> releases.

That seems like the best solution to me.

I think that instead of delivering just the dll files and expecting
the users to put them in the right place and edit the php.ini file
correctly, we need to deliver them in an installer format OR make
'pecl install xxx' actually work on win32 ( and when I mean actually
work, pull against the pre-built dlls on pecl4win ).

I can put together a framework for an installer if that's the route we
want to go.

Edin, can you no longer add in the PECL libraries to the installer
when building it...

John Mertic                                        "Explaining a joke
is like dissecting a frog: you
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                              understand it better,
but the frog dies in the
                                                          process."

                      -Mark Twain