On Sep 5, 2007, at 06:00:41, Hartmut Holzgraefe wrote:

Hello Mr B*S*

hmm, not my name or my pseudonym but the remainder of this post appears to have been written by me, dyslexic are you?

The complaints over the 4 or 5 I have mentioned on the list has borne the remarks that I swamp the list with the reports, how it would be if I dumped a couple hundred?

if you dumped them on the list you would end up in everyones ignore
list as *the list is not the right communication channel for that*

If the bug system is not the right place to put things then nothing is.

Is this really so hard to understand?

Are you so dumb that you can't grasp the concept that it has nothing to do with understanding what you're trying to point out?

To disregard the perception of the PHP software and it's developers is a stoic thought concept, since you have no issues accepting the concept that the majority of end users believe that the PHP software is a collection of cruft managed by a group of pompous programmers doesn't mean that the other developers share in this concept, image in a web-related world has value whether you give it any or not so airing everything isn't always the best policy.

Talking about image, why are you trying *so* hard to ruin your own?

This doesn't ruin my image, the general opinion of me (as I'm told) is that I am actively and openly trying to help, unfortunately people like you are preventing this with flame tactics.

Rather than contribute to any negative thoughts and impressions that would be attained by submitting countless bug reports

How do bug reports contribute to a negative impression? There is no
bug free software. And having the known bugs tracked in the open
instead of somewhere under the hood is is actually building trust
instead of demolishing it IMHO

that would take  months if not years to process

Did you try? where does this estimate come from?
I see a lot of claims in your postings but only very
little fact it is built upon

Examine the bug tracker, it appears it's a slow process for the majority of bugs related to Mac OS X.

or most likely just be ignored,

One of the things that influences whether a bug is ignored
or taken serious is the attitude of the reporter, too. Things
that do not help with that:

 - Insisting to push things to the wrong communication channels
 - revealing the actual fix you claim to have only several
   messages down the thread instead of right away
 - not providing version information up front ... yes,
   the autoconf version you were using was to be found in
   the post somewhere ... but you ignored a very simple
   and substantial rule that applies to all forms of
   one-to-many communication: "the burden shall be on the
   writer, not the readers"

It helps if the reader actual reads the post and sees the content you claim with the exception of providing the fix is present, I just reread the original post which contains the terminal session and it clearly displays my autoconf version so you might want to seek the services of an optometrist to correct your problem.

The reason that the fix was not included, the developers may have a different approach to this solution

I believe it's best to refrain from such submission unless it's absolutely critical.

well, if you think so ...

I'm sorry that your ability to perceive more than the written word is non-existent.

> This is going absolutely nowhere, I'm dropping out of this discussion
> to avoid retaliations due to bruised egos.

Has there been a discussion? At least from your side it
was mostly flaming IMHO. Anyway, i agree that this is not
getting us anywhere. You've clearly shown that you want
to have it your way and are not willing to adapt in any
way ...

Everyone wants it there way, adaptation on my part has never been an issue, your perception of things is.

Flaming on your part only shows your lack of ability to actively participate in sensible communication, many already believe you to be an idiot, all you've succeeded in doing is validating this belief that so many of the non-publicly visible members of this list have of you who fear publicly posting and being subjected to your abusive nature.

When they think of your name they associate it with PHP and this taints the opinion that people have of PHP and it's dev group so it appears you are a major contributor to the poor image people have of PHP and the PHP dev group, way to go sherlock.

Yes, you can believe it, I have received many off-list responses from people who have offered this opinion of you and while attempting to give you the benefit of doubt, you have succeeded in making me believe exactly what these people have been telling me about you.

If you put 1/10th the energy you use in flaming people towards the PHP effort, you would be helping to advance things considerably faster by not wasting the valuable time of the reader who has to wade through this type of crap.

Now, if you have anything further to add, please refrain from cluttering the list and do so privately.

--
Hartmut Holzgraefe, Principal Support Engineer

- -- Dale