> From: Stanislav Malyshev [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Looks like design flaw to me - why not index symbols by name,
> you can't
> have interface and class with the same name?

Right. I was wrong and I have suppressed the 'interface' type in the PHK
autoloader.

> If we ever extend autoloader to functions, it would be different
> autoloader anyway, since existing autoloaders can't support functions.

Are you sure we would need to create a new hook ? If the existing autoload
handlers receive a request for a function, they search for a class with that
name. Apart from a waste of time, it is harmless. We can even have BC : you
just have to declare your autoload handler with an optional second argument,
whose default value is 'class'. This would allow new autoload handlers to run
on previous PHP versions.

Francois