On 13 Sep 2007, at 1:04 AM, David Coallier wrote:

On 9/12/07, Stanislav Malyshev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Would anyone object to disallowing setting mail.force_extra_parameters from .htaccess? The problem is that mail.force_extra_parameters can pass arbitrary arguments to mail tool, and some mail tools (especially one,
guess which ;) have a lot of parameters, that allow, in particular,
reading and writing arbitrary files - which may be a problem with
safe_mode (yes, I know, but we are still in 5.x) and open_basedir.
I understand that mail.force_extra_parameters was meant for sysadmins
anyway, so disallowing .htaccess to change it seems ok. Objections?
--

You definitely got a +10000 from me for the exact same reasons, it's
for sysadmins and if you have that in your .htaccess I believe this is

+1  One less thing for users to change.

Regards
--jm

[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.zend.com/