Hi Pierre,

> By the way, it would be nice (and faster) if you can join a couple of
> tests and examples (with required data). it will make my work a bit
> easier while testing your patch.

It took some time - but I now managed to put together some test cases
(which hopefully can also serve as examples). I noticed that the current
"openssl_x509_checkpurpose" function does not allow for passing
verification flags so I introduced a new function "openssl_x509_check"
(verify might be better but might cause confusion with openssl_verify)
which does pretty much the same thing but takes a flags parameter which
can be used to enable CRL checking and some other checking features
which I did not test yet. I chose to add a new function because a)
adding the argument to the end forces passing two (one unused in most
cases) optional arguments b) _checkpurpose is a bit too specific. I hope
that approach is okay.

The updated patch is at
http://mbechler.eenterphace.org/php6-openssl-crl.patch
and the phpt and required data (needs a small CA, included files are
valid for 5 years) at
http://mbechler.eenterphace.org/php6-openssl-crl-tests.tar.bz2

I noted my test fails (even for ascii filenames) when run in unicode
mode which is a result of
this check in php_openssl_x509_from_zval:

if (!(Z_TYPE_PP(val) == IS_STRING || Z_TYPE_PP(val) == IS_OBJECT)) {
    return NULL;
}

maybe I'll find some time to have a look at proper filesystem encoding
conversions for ext/openssl.

best regards

Moritz Bechler

PS: Is there any way to recover/reset a lost bug password so I can add
these links to my feature request?