Andi Gutmans wrote:
> Hi Johannes,
> Our preference would be to stick to "import" because I think the perception
> many will have of "use" is that it also includes files (just based on some
> other languages). That said I agree that compatibility would be an issue
> here. In fact it's even somewhat of an issue with "namespace" which is
> probably also used quite a bit esp. in relation to XML.

I don't think people will care much about use vs. import
perception-wise. But they will care a lot if it breaks their software.
Just to name two popular products that will break (Johannes can for sure
tell more, he googled for it): Serendipity & Zend Framework. At least
breaking the latter should not be "your" preference, I hope.

- Sebastian