On 05.10.2007 11:09, Rob Thompson wrote:
> Here is a patch for bug 41822.  The expand_filepath() function will not
> work in Solaris if a non-root user attempts to read a file under a
> directory with only (--x) permissions.
>
> Currently expand_path() returns NULL and no FD is opened, although the
> file is readable.  This patch adds a last-ditch effort to open includes
> using a relative path and returns NULL if it still can't get a file
> descriptor.

Rob, I believe you're looking into wrong place.
You should be patching virtual_file_ex() in TSRM/tsrm_virtual_cwd.c, the root
of
all evils is there as this function is used by expand_filepath() and in all
other places.

Also, as you might have noticed, we do not use system calls like open()
directly, we use VCWD_xxx() wrappers for that.
They are defined in TSRM/ either.

--
Wbr,
Antony Dovgal