Wietse Venema wrote:
> Rasmus Lerdorf:
>> Consider very common (abbreviated) code like this:
>>
>> $user_data = $_REQUEST['data'];
>> switch($output_format) {
>
> Question: where is the output format feature documented?
>
> Once I know the output format is not HTML, then I know
> that applying HTML-style restrictions is not appropriate.
>
> I did search around but came up empty handed.

That's just an example.  People building REST-based web services will
typically include an output format parameter.  Or they determine the
output format based on other criteria.  It's completely up to the script
author which output format he wants to use and how he wants to make that
decision.

-Rasmus