On Saturday 17 November 2007, Sam Barrow wrote:
> As i said you guys do have a point. But when you say leave custom
> superglobals to runkit, you might as well leave them to my patch.
>
> You have to specifically declare superglobals, just like in runkit. No
> difference between this and using runkit except ease of use.

Exactly.  I don't want it to be easy for incompetent programmers to write code
that is physically impossible for me to maintain, because I *will* inherit it
and I will lose hair trying to figure out why the frel this variable is doing
something weird in random cases.

I see it in a similar light as register_globals.  Yes, one can write secure
code with register_globals on.  But it's so much easier to write code that
isn't a nightmare to maintain if you start with it off.  We should *not* be
making it easy for programmers to write unmaintainable code.  Writing code
that is going to make me want to kill the programmer who wrote it should be
difficult, not easy. :-)

--
Larry Garfield                  AIM: LOLG42
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               ICQ: 6817012

Jefferson