Alexey Zakhlestin skrev:
I think I understand what the use-case is…

If the browser doesn't know anything about <script> tag, it is
supposed to interpret it's contents as html… In which case, html-tags
which appear in javascript code will actually become active ones

And in the year 2007, soon 2008, what browser would that be?

MSIE 2.0? (JScript was introduced in 3.0)

Netscape 2.0B1? (JavaScript was introduced i B2)

Mosaic?

$10 to the first one who can name a browser that has a market share above 0.1% and will mistreat the contents in a script tag in this way. Nah, I'm generous, I'll make that €10!

Lars Gunther