You have a point, however it is not always this simple. Some
applications have classes/functions that are not necessarily gathered in
order by their namespaces. It would be a nightmare to try to organize
and then bundle these functions and classes together dynamically into
different files by namespace.

So far I agree with most of the opinions regarding namespaces on here,
but I do think it would be best to allow multiple namespaces per file.
People say this will be confusing, but namespace declarations are pretty
clear, as in clean code they should be on their own line:

namespace usefulStuff ;

class a {}
function z() {}

Yes it has slight potential for chaotic code, but there are hundreds of
ways to create chaotic code, and this is nowhere near the top of the
list. I believe that the benefits of bundling (huge performance
increases in my case) outweigh the risks.

This may not apply to small projects with 2 or 3 namespaces, we also
have to consider larger ones.