namespace Name::Space;

class Ship {
  public static function __autoload($className) {
    if(strpos($className, 'Name::Space::') === 0) {
      // the real deal
     }
  }
}

spl_autoload_register(array('Name::Space::Ship', '__autoload'));

No disk access. And with my suggestion to allow limiting autoloaders to

I don't understand. Is your autoloader going to do any disk accesses at all or it's just a stub that doesn't load any classes? If it does disk access, it would do it on any internal class access inside namespace Name::Space. Please explain me in detail how it could ever happen otherwise.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.zend.com/
(408)253-8829   MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]