Hello, lists,

I'm tired to type "array()" many times. And I want to
declare arrays more easily. So I wrote the patch for
zend_language_parser.y which enables to declare arrays
with square brackets like some other languages.

Stanislav,
Sorry, I'm new in this list and I didn't know about past
discussion. As Marcus says, I'd like to ask around again.

There are three options:

 a) Commit square bracket array shortcut patch
    keys and values are separated by colons.
    ( http://www.opendogs.org/pub/php-5.3dev-080109-sbar.patch )
    e.g.
    $a = [1, 2, 3];
    $b = ['foo': 'orange', 'bar': 'apple', 'baz': 'lemon'];

 b) Commit square bracket array shortcut patch
    keys and values are separated by double arrows.
    ( http://www.opendogs.org/pub/php-5.3dev-080109-sbar2.patch )
    e.g.
    $a = [1, 2, 3];
    $b = ['foo' => 'orange', 'bar' => 'apple', 'baz' => 'lemon'];

 c) Reject and keep using `array()'.
    e.g.
    $a = array(1, 2, 3);
    $b = array('foo' => 'orange', 'bar' => 'apple', 'baz' => 'lemon');

These patches include the tests.

Which do you like? I like (a) the best.

Regards,

--