On 22.01.2008 04:17, Lucas Nealan wrote:
> Yeah, it seems that the rub is depending on the context building them
> dynamically might make sense, it all depends of if you want or need the
> dependant functionality to work. I'm not adamant about making these build
> dynamically, I can always get them to build however I want in our
> environment, however it could be useful to others in these contexts.

> One might need openssl to facilitate communication with a card processor like
> cybersource but not care about having it for streams etc.

One might easily do it by renaming config0.m4 to config.m4 if one really wants
to shoot his leg.
But I don't think it makes sense to make it easier to shoot the leg.

> Could we make these work with a phpize warning about the consequences?

What for?

> If we don't make a change I could add some text about compiling these to the
> relevant documentation pages.

You're the first person I know of who asked this question.
It might make sense to describe in details how configure and build process
work,
but I see no reason to document something that is neither needed for everyone
nor recommended.

--
Wbr,
Antony Dovgal