Hi - for any of you that are writing PHPT tests for existing extensions - I put a PHP script called generate_phpt.php into PHP 5.3 yesterday which might help a little.

It's quite a simple command line script (Raghu and I wrote it last year), it works by looking at the {{{proto line for a function in PHP source code and construct a test case frame from it. It can be used to construct very simple tests cases - or to turn an existing PHP file into PHPT format. It doesn't try and guess what the results of a test should be :-). I will document it properly on qa.php.net later. In the meantime:

php generate_phpt.php --help

tells you what it's supposed to do.

Zoe

PS - It doesn't work for PHP6 right now because the {{{proto line is different.