On Wed, February 6, 2008 7:20 am, Derick Rethans wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Feb 2008, Sam Barrow wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 2008-02-06 at 09:31 +0100, Derick Rethans wrote:
>> >
>> > I still we should add simple static typehints (ie. just the types
>> that
>> > we use in the manual) - and they should behave in the same way as
>> the
>> > other type hints that we laready have.
>>
>> True, but we have to consider the fact that we don't have enough
>> support
>> on that side.
>
> This is not some election campaign were you change what you believe in
> just to go get followers. So no, I will not take that into
> consideration.

There may be no argument against "scalar" type hint for the same
reason that nobody is arguing against me being the next Release
Master.

Anybody with an iota of a clue knows the latter will not happen... :-)

If you're going to add type hints at all, scalar is all but useless,
imho.

Add "int" and "float" and so on, and I can see the utility at least,
even if I'm not sure it's a good idea or not.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?