On Feb 19, 2008 2:09 PM, Lukas Kahwe Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I really like what Stefan did here with his traits RFC. Very solid
> work, even if there are still some people not convinced if they want
> this feature in, I have seen little complaints about the way this
> proposal was made. Quite the contrary actually. I would like this kind
> of detailed thought to become more the norm. Even if at the very
> beginning of an idea this quality may not be immediately attainable,
> it should be the goal. So for every idea we should have at least
> someone who tries to bring the proposal to this kind of level as the
> discussions progress.

Most definitely, thanks to Stefan for this. I have rarely seen such
RFC in PHP lately. This is.. wow, from simple example to a bit more
complex and real life examples, simple texts, the reason why we need
this and a bit more about MI.

The external links to further readings on the subject are great and
the thesis is even better (A bit long but very interesting).

I think this can make a lot of good to PHP's RFC process if handled
correctly. Let's just hope we do it correctly :)

> For this proposal I would hope that it would be put on some host we
> can trust to not disappear and be updated with the feedback. I am
> still dreaming of a php.net wiki for this kind of stuff. If interested
> I do of course offer wiki.pooteeweet.org to host these RFC's for the
> time being. Using php.net/reST has the draw back of requiring
> cvs.php.net karma for maintenance, which would be problematic for new
> comers, unless we can do karma on a per file level for this?

Wiki is such a great idea, what were the (political?) reasons for not
having it ? No one to maintain it ?

> regards,
> Lukas
>
> --