On Feb 19, 2008 9:54 PM, Jochem Maas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> how about 'possesses' or 'exhibits' - both these words are closer to the
> natural language usage of 'trait' with regard to a subject.
>
> John exhibits a **** trait
> Jack possesses a **** trait

I prefer ``without`` over ``except``, because ``except`` is close to
``exception`` and because it has a different meaning in other
languages (Eg. ``catch``).

> >> I'm not sure if the use-keyword is a good idea as namespaces are already
> >> "used". If we use "use" for traits, maybe going back to "import" for
> >> namespaces would be the way to go.

I agree that ``use`` is a bad choice, because of the nameclash with
the namespaces syntax (pun intended). ``possesses`` is hideous, but
``exhibit`` isn't too bad.

On Feb 19, 2008 10:02 PM, Stefan Marr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Here are some notation proposals:

(snip)

> I'm not sure about Aa and Ab because they do not read well in my opinion.
>
> What do you think?

[Ac] How about this:
class FooFoo {
  exhibit Traitor {