Hi all,
playing around with PHP 6 I noticed the following BC issue:
floatval("4.2foo") gives an E_NOTICE "A non well formed numeric value
encountered". The type casting (float)"4.2foo" still works as before.

The change was introduced with the conversion of floatval() to
zend_parse_parameters with revision 1.43 of ext/standard/type.c on
2006/09/24 18:23:47 by pollita (PHP6 Updates).

In my opinion floatval() should be restored to the previous behavour
because a) the documentation for floatval itself uses a non well formed
value in the example and b) to keep it the same as type casting to (float).

Or would the proper procedure for me be to open a ticket in the bug tracker?

- Chris