Hi.

I don't know if it is a bug or not.

But, having just inherited a load of code which are UTF-8 encoded and
all have a BOM marker, all the BOM markers are being sent to the
browser. This screws up sessions as output is sent before headers
(obviously).

The files are english/non english mix, so I'm assuming the BOM needs
to be present to indicate the order of the encoding (I'm new to the
Unicode stuff, so this is my first real work with anything other than
pure english PHP code). Because of this assumption, I think I can't
remove the BOM marker.

In case it matters, I'm using Win32 PHP5.3.0-dev snapshot built on Mar
4 2008 04:17:22.

I only recently upgraded the PHP dev, and as far as I can tell this is
a new problem, so I'm thinking prior to the upgrade, it worked OK,
i.e. the BOM was dropped by PHP.

Thank you.

Richard.

--