I have been working with different OO systems for a while and one thing
I really miss is an OMG specified package system.

According to OMG a package is a namespace however with the important
difference that you can make "package" accessible variables, classes and
methods.

The package access control makes the class, variable or method only
accessible from other package members, acting as "public" inside the
package but "private" if outside the package. Packages are open scopes
meaning that new items can be added at any time, just like namespaces.

Also of cause I would like a change to the current namespace proposal,
or rather name resolution scheme, that will check names in current
namespace before even build in names, so my own classes will override
global classes unless I specifically uses ::classname instead of
classname...

-- Mads Randstoft