On Mar 31, 2008, at 5:41 PM, Benjamin Schulz wrote:
This commit is responsible for the bad performance:
http://cvs.php.net/viewvc.cgi/php-src/configure.in?r1=1.579.2.52.2.77.2.11&r2=1.579.2.52.2.77.2.12&diff_format=u
-gstabs versus -g should have no effect on production performance.

Ok, maybe i made a mistake, that's what i compared:

Upon investigation I've discovered the problem to be this: When the Darwin hack takes effect, the overwrite of CFLAGS removes the default - O2, thus the slowdown. I'll commit a fix shortly, with apologies for the oversight.

-- Gwynne, Daughter of the Code
"This whole world is an asylum for the incurable."